The Home Service Club Summary
If you’re anxious to protect your home, The Home Service Club is your best bet. It has the shortest waiting period (10 days) and quickest turnaround time on claims of all the home warranty companies we’ve reviewed. Continue reading to find out why HSC is the best home warranty for you.
|Average Cost Per Month||$45|
|State Availability||47 states|
|Average Service Fee||$75|
|Contract Term||1 year|
|Time in Business||10 years|
|Better Business Bureau Rating||C|
The Home Service Club has two plan options—Standard Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage. If you want to cover an item that’s not on either list, look to the list of optional add-ons you can add to your plan in an à la carte fashion.
Home Service Club offers two plans:
- Standard Coverage (common systems and appliances)
- Comprehensive Coverage (standard coverage, plus 15 additional)
The Home Service Club cost
The Home Service Club offers monthly plans that start at $50 per month. Prices vary by your location and the level of coverage you choose. You can get a free quote from The Home Service Club on its homepage by simply entering your zip code and contact information. You’ll be given a personal quote that you can customize by upgrading coverage—Standard to Comprehensive—selecting optional add-ons—such as additional coverage for a well pump, sprinkler system, or second refrigerator—and choosing your own service fee.
|Average Service Fee|
Customers will be charged a $65–$125 service fee each time a claim is approved. Customers are able to opt into a cheaper home warranty premium for a higher service fee or vice-versa. For reference, the average homeowner files two claims a year.
If you have new appliances or don’t expect to make more than a couple of claims a year, a higher service fee may be worth a lower monthly premium. Home repairs or replacements are guaranteed for 30 days on labor and 90 days on parts. You won’t be charged for repeat visits should the problem need attention from a contractor again within one month or if a part should fail within three months of the initial appointment.
The Home Service Club coverage
Unlike most home warranty companies that have waiting periods of 30 days, home warranty coverage from The Home Service Club will begin after only 10 days of signing up. Home protection plans are a one-year service contract that customers can renew at the end of the year. You can also cancel at any time. The Home Service Club does offer one to five months of coverage for free on a promotional basis when you enroll in a one- to five-year home warranty plan.
Your appliances and systems are covered when they fail or malfunction due to age or normal wear and tear.
The Home Service Club does not cover items that …
- have been improperly installed or inadequately maintained, including rust and corrosion.
Warranty coverage through The Home Service Club is capped at …
- $2,000 per claim
- $6,000 per year for Standard Coverage
- $9,000 per year for Comprehensive coverage.
- $350–$5,000 for repairs or replacements of each covered item
Coverage limits are standard across all home warranty plans, but House Method considers coverage caps to be generous when they exceed $500 per covered item. You can access The Home Service Club’s sample contract online.
The Home Service Club customers may file an unlimited number of claims during their contract term. To do so, you should file a claim as soon as a covered item breaks by calling customer service or submitting a service request online. The Home Service Club’s customer service is only available via phone from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST on Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. This is limited compared to the after-hours customer service that many other home warranty companies offer.
Perhaps to make up for its limited availability, The Home Service Club does aim to approve claims and schedule service within 12 hours of receiving the request. Note: this process may take up to 48 hours on weekends and holidays, but it’s still faster service than the majority of home warranties can provide. For reference, the claim process for most home warranty companies takes 48 hours to 4 days.
The Home Service Club reviews
Responsive customer service is prized in the home warranty space and it’s a trait The Home Service Club prides itself on. Here are some Service Club reviews from The Home Service Club’s website.
Charlee S. on March 1, 2019
The customer care gentleman at The Home Service Club was excellent. He was professional and efficient. He helped me complete the claim. It took less than five minutes over the phone. The next day, a plumber arrived in my house to repair the leak under my bathroom sink.
Keenan N. on March 1, 2019
I have been using The Home Service Club for four years and I’m very happy. They are prompt on their appointment arrivals. The customer service staff is professional and courteous. I would not trust my home with anyone else.
Woodrow M. on February 27, 2019
The Home Service Club was accommodating when dealing with my disgruntled tenant. They sent a technician that correctly diagnosed the problem with the refrigerator. He stayed in touch with my tenant and made the appointment to come back once the part came in.
Tammy S. on February 15, 2019
We had a very difficult clog in our bathtub with a drum trap. We live in a home with basically 1940s plumbing innovations. The Home Service Club sent us a plumber [who] was not at all intimidated by our old fashioned plumbing. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and had no problem getting the job done.
The Home Service Club ratings
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives The Home Service Club a C rating, but customers give it 4 out of 5 stars on the BBB’s website, which is a high rating
for a home warranty company. However, the business is not BBB Accredited.
Trustpilot gives The Home Service Club an excellent TrustScore of 9.6 out of 10. This score is based on customer satisfaction—it’s not just an aggregate star rating.
HomeWarrantyReviews awarded The Home Service Club with its Editor’s Choice award this year and its Best in Service award in 2015 and 2016. The Home Service Club has an 8.5 out of 10 aggregate rating across home warranty reviews due to customer satisfaction and its consumer-centric philosophy.
House Method gives The Home Service Club 4.25 out of 5 stars. We think the best people we can turn to in our reviews are the real customers who have experienced the product before and can give us honest and unbiased feedback. Although it has slightly higher premiums and service fees than other providers we’ve reviewed, The Home Service Club reviews are the best we’ve seen yet. This home warranty must be worth the price.
The Home Service Club is a good choice for you if …
- you don’t want to wait 30 days for home warranty coverage
- you want responsive customer service
- you’re looking for a company that’s highly rated among customers
The Home Service Club might not be for you if …
- you’re shopping for the cheapest home warranty, as premiums and service fees are slightly above the industry average.
The Home Service Club company information
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does The Home Service Club cost?
- HSC home warranty plans start at $33 per month for The Home Service Club customers, however, your location and level of warranty coverage could affect home warranty costs.
- What does The Home Service Club home warranty cover?
- A home warranty covers home repair or replacement costs of major home appliances and systems that break due to age or normal wear and tear. The Home Service Club offers two home warranty plans plus optional coverage for specialty items. Major systems and appliances are covered under the Standard Coverage including—but not limited to—your air conditioning, HVAC system, plumbing system, electrical system, water heater, dishwasher, and clothes washer and dryer. You can opt into an upgraded home warranty plan for Comprehensive Coverage, which includes everything under the Standard Coverage plan plus items like a sump pump, Whirlpool motor and pump assemblies, alarm wiring, and pest control. You can pay an extra fee for optional warranty coverage of additional refrigerators, pool and spa equipment, or a water softener. We encourage home warranty customers to request and read a sample contract before they enroll in a home warranty plan. Many customer complaints stem from a misunderstanding in coverage.