America’s 1st Choice Home Club Summary
America’s 1st Choice Home Club was founded by a group of service-oriented people who wanted to offer home repair insurance and provide affordable coverage to customers. Read on to learn why America’s 1st Choice is the best home warranty for you.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans
The company offers four home warranty plans—Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Systems—at a starting cost of $32 per month. The Platinum plan offers the most comprehensive coverage, protecting most of your home’s major systems and appliances.
Here’s a general overview of what the four plans cover:
- Systems Plan—covers 5 home systems
- Silver Plan—covers 9 major appliances, including a water heater
- Gold Plan—covers both systems and appliances, including ductwork
- Platinum Plan—covers everything in the Systems, Silver, and Gold plans, plus coverage for your plumbing stoppages, faucets, ice maker, and built-in microwave
America’s 1st Choice also offers optional coverage for your well pump, pool and spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers, ice-makers, plumbing stoppages, and tankless water heaters. In addition to its amazing coverage, AFC Home Club offers exclusive Club benefits, which include a DealCash membership, a Retail Benefits membership, MoneyTips credit monitoring, and an Emergency Alert Network membership.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage
Note: In addition to the items listed above, America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers coverage for additional items like a swimming pool, spa, central vacuum, sump pump, and septic system.
Assess what items in your home need coverage—this will help you determine which AFC Home Club plan is best for you and your needs. The most affordable plans that AFC Home Club offer are the Silver Systems and Silver Appliance plans at $450 per year.
The plan that offers the most comprehensive coverage is the Platinum plan—this will cost homeowners $625 per year, which is inline with the industry average. If you want a step above the Silver plans but don’t want to pay as much as the Platinum plan, consider the Gold plan. It costs $550 per year and is similar to the Platinum plan, but it doesn’t include coverage for your microwave, plumbing stoppages, or ice maker.
To get a more detailed look at what AFC Home Club covers, here are some specifics regarding what’s covered under certain home systems and appliances:
Air conditioning and heating
You can get coverage for your air conditioner under the Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans. Coverage is available on air conditioning and heating units up to a five ton capacity that are specifically designed for residential use. Some parts that are included under this coverage include a standard thermostat, evaporator coils, pilot burners, igniters, blower motors, and heating elements.
With AFC Home Club, all visible interior leaks and breaks of water supply pipes, drains, vents, and waste lines are covered. Some items that aren’t covered include gas leaks, slab leaks, galvanized drain lines, shower heads, shower enclosures, sinks, toilet lids, and water softeners.
Interior wiring, panels and sub panels, circuit boards, and circuit breakers are covered under AFC Home Club warranty plans. Fixtures, switches, outlets, appliance cables, and smart home equipment are not covered.
Top appliances and systems covered:
- Built-in microwave
- Garage door opener
AFC Home Club coverage starts 31 days after you initiate a membership with AFC. After the first 31 days, coverage continues year after year, depending on the type of home protection plan you choose and if you renew.
America’s 1st Choice recently updated its list of exclusions. Pay-out limits on appliances have increased to $2,000 per appliance. The company also lifted the cap on HVAC systems, which was previously limited to $2,000. That means that the cost of your covered HVAC repair or replacement is completely on the house courtesy of AFC. All you have to pay is the service fee.
It’s important to note that AFC Home Club will not cover any pre-existing conditions in your home, regardless if you’re aware of them. The home warranty company also refuses to cover any “malfunction or improper operation due to rust or corrosion of all home systems and appliances or collapsed ductwork.”
For a complete list of coverage limits, consult an AFC sample contract or call customer service.
America’s 1st Choice service calls
The AFC Home Club claims process is very straightforward and claims can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Submit a claim online—https://afchomeclub.com/request-service/
- Call its customer service department—1-866-242-0629
When submitting a claim, you will need to provide your information, your policy number, and a brief explanation of your service needs. You must notify the company as soon as you discover a problem. All customer service requests will be completed during business hours, Monday through Friday.
After filing a claim with AFC, the home warranty company will contact a service provider within two to four days. AFC claims the sole right to choose your service provider, however, you can choose your own by getting your service provider pre-approved. This is unique to AFC. All other home warranty companies that House Method has reviewed do not give homeowners this option.
Note: If you don’t go through AFC’s pre-approval process, you will not be reimbursed for service.
States covered under America’s 1st Choice Home Club
*America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers all 50 states.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost
America’s 1st Choice Home Club annual premiums start at $32 per month. However, the cost of an AFC Home Club home warranty will depend on the type of plan you choose, where you live, and which add-ons you include with your coverage. Here are the quotes our team received:
|Plan coverage||Monthly cost
1 Year Plan
1 Year Plan
3 Year Plan
3 Year Plan
|Systems||$43.18||$450 (save $25)||$69.44||$1,195 (save $55)|
|Silver||$43.18||$400 (save $75)||$69.44||$1,195 (save $55)|
|Gold||$52.27||$550 (save $25)||$80.56||$1,395 (save $55)|
|Platinum||$59.09||$625 (save $25)||$91.67||$1,595 (save $55)|
You can get a free quote on the AFC Home Club plan coverage page.
No matter the cost of the repair or replacement, warranty holders are charged a service fee of $75–$125 per service call. Customers have the option to choose their own service fee depending on the amount of service they anticipate needing. That means homeowners can pay a higher service fee for a lower premium or vice versa. This cost range keeps AFC competitive with other warranty companies in the industry.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club reviews
Here are some of America’s 1st Choice Home Club reviews featured on the company’s website:
Anthony of Memphis, Tennessee, on April 20, 2019
America’s First Choice is the home warranty company that I chose for my house. The rep that I talked to had great customer service and I had access directly to him for more questions, so I felt comfortable and picked AFC. I liked that they have very well-informed reps. The rep that I dealt with wasn’t just trying to get a sale, but he was also being very informative about the services that they offer, and I found that to be very important.
Lucinda of Lithonia, Georgia, on April 1, 2019
Anytime I call for a service request or with an account question, it is handled professionally and efficiently. I have had no issues in dealing with this company or in getting service requests taken care of in a timely fashion. [I] highly recommend.
Keeva of Powder Springs, Georgia, on March 20, 2019
I’ve been a member for over a year now. Everyone I’ve spoken to, from starting my membership and the many questions I had as a new homeowner, to the one instance in which I had to call for service, everyone has been top notch. Highly recommend!
Luann of Greensboro, North Carolina, on March 8, 2019
We have two properties and use one as a rental. We had another company in the past and when we asked them to help with a replacement of an HVAC system, which was part of the coverage, they declined. Someone I worked with recommended America’s First Choice Home Club and my interactions with their reps have been very good. I’d recommend them.
Andres of Fresno, California, on January 26, 2019
It’s very important to have a warranty on your property because you never know when something might go wrong. you might buy a piece of new equipment and three months after the warranty expires, you’re not covered. So it would be best to have extra coverage.
I came across America’s First Choice Home Club on the internet and I got a warranty from them because of their rating. Submitting a claim with them has been really easy. I’ve done it over the phone and their claims reps have been fast and remarkable. Also, the contractors that AFC has sent me have been polite and the quality of their work has been good.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club ratings
AFC Home Club is an accredited business of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB gives America’s 1st Choice Home Club a B rating.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club has received an average of 4.2 out of 5 stars across the board. This high rating is the result of affordable pricing and excellent
America’s 1st Choice Home Club reviews by customers. You’ll often see AFC Home Club included in the top five warranty companies across third-party review websites.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club At A Glance
|Waiting Period||31 days|
|Cancel without fee within||30 days|
|Contract term||1 year|
|Period to cancel automatic renewal||30 days|
|Repair timeframe||2-4 business days|
|Free Re-service Period (parts)||365 days|
|Free Re-service Period (labor)||N/A|
House Method gives America’s 1st Choice 4.5 out of 5 stars. We love that the home warranty company allows customers to choose their own contractors, and its award-winning customer service has not gone unnoticed. AFC Home Club also has four home warranty plan options, which is twice as many as most home warranty companies.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a great option for you if…
- you want a variety of customizable home protection plans.
- you want to set your own service fee.
- you want to choose your own pre-approved service contractor.
America’s 1st Choice might not be the best option if…
- you’re a homeowner living in a newly built home. New construction should be protected already by a builder’s warranty, which might negate the need for a home warranty for the first couple of years.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club company information
- Company name: America’s 1st Choice Home Club
- Company type: Private
- CEO: John B. Craddock
- Founding date: 11/9/2009
- Telephone: 678-335-2181
- Address: 1337 Canton Rd Suite B
- State/province: Marietta, GA
- Postal code: 30066
- Country: USA
- State availability: 50 states
- Service fee: $75–$125
- BBB rating: B
- Number of BBB complaints closed within last 3 years: 184
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is covered by America's First Choice Home Club?
- AFC Home Club has four home warranty plans. The Platinum plan is the most comprehensive, covering major systems and appliances in the home. In addition to the four home protection plans, you have the option to customize your home warranty coverage by including add-ons to your home warranty plan.
- When does AFC Home Club coverage begin?
- Coverage begins 31 days after you initiate a membership with AFC. This waiting period of 31 days is standard across all home warranties. It prevents the company from having to repair or replace systems or appliances that were already broken or malfunctioning before the customer enrolled in a home warranty plan.
- How long does AFC coverage last?
- Your home warranty will last for one to three years depending on the plan you opt into.
- Does a Home Club plan require an inspection?
- According to AFC Home Club, the company does not require an inspection to qualify for membership. Any failure that occurs after the first 30 days is eligible for a service request with AFC.
- Do home warranty plans cover everything in my home?
- A home warranty does cover most major systems and appliances, such as your dishwasher, air conditioning, Whirlpool bathtubs, and sometimes even septic systems. Home warranties do not cover any known or unknown pre-existing conditions. A home warranty plan, like America's First Choice Home Club, covers items that are in good working condition and properly maintained at the time of enrollment. You should request a sample contract to understand the coverage and coverage limits.