2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Summary
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty goes against the grain by addressing many things that so often lead to customer complaints. We believe this is why the Better Business Bureau gives 2-10 HBW an A rating—the highest we’ve seen across the home warranty industry.
|Average Cost Per Month
|Time in Business
|Better Business Bureau Rating
*Not available in AK, HI, MN, ND, NH, OK, WI, or WY
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost
2-10 HBW customers pay between $37 and $50 per month, according to the quotes we’ve received and the estimates that other websites have reported.
You’ll have to call for a personalized quote since home warranty costs are always location-based, and to hear about their current promotions (which could bring down your monthly cost).
Like all home warranty providers, customers will be charged a service fee. 2-10 HBW has a flat service fee of $85, which is comparable to other home warranty companies.
2-10 HBW also offers customers an exclusive “Even If” Service Fee Guarantee. This means that “even if” an item isn’t covered under your home warranty plan but 2-10 HBW still dispatched a technician to assess the problem, customers can request reimbursement of the service fee they paid. It also covers failed parts for the duration of the service agreement, so you will not be charged another service fee “even if” it must be repaired again.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage
States covered under 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
*2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers all states except for Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
The following are also covered under 2-10 HBW’s Supreme coverage:
- Modifications up to $250
- Permits up to $250
- Haul away and disposal fees
- Items covered under manufacturer’s warranty
- Corrections to code violations up to $250
Often times, it’s up to the home warranty company and its pre-approved technician to decide whether a covered item can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. If the item is replaced, most home warranty companies are not responsible for matching the appliance’s brand, dimensions, or color.
However, 2-10 HBW allows the homeowner to decide if they’d like to proceed with a service request or if they’d rather receive $100 toward a new appliance of the homeowner’s choice. 2-10 HBW’s Appliance Replacement Offer gives homeowners exclusive access to appliance discounts up to 65% off retail costs of GE and Whirlpool appliances.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty also offers structural warranties. These are different than home warranties. Here’s how the two home protection plans differ.
|Home appliances and systems that break due to normal wear and tear
|Structural defects beyond a builder’s control including columns, beams, foundations, roof framing, load-bearing walls, and floor framing
|1 year of coverage with the option to renew annually
|10 years of coverage
|Can be purchased by a homeowner
|Must be purchased by a builder
There is a 30-day waiting period after the sale date and coverage starts after that 30-day period is over.
It’s important to know the terms of your home warranty plan before signing so you know what’s covered and what isn’t. 2-10 HBW offers a downloadable sample agreement within their buying process online, so be sure review before you sign.
2-10 HBW is not liable for:
- Repairing cosmetic defects, smells, noises, or cleaning
- Matching the dimensions or brand of a replacement if a customer does not participate in the Appliance Replacement Offer
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty claims
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customers can file a claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 2-10 HBW pays 97.5% of claims filed, so you’re in good hands. Their online portal is extremely user-friendly—customers can sign in, select the system or appliance that is broken, check off all the symptoms that apply, and submit their claim.
To submit a claim, customers can:
- Call 800-775-4736
- Sign into their online customer portal
2-10 HBW also provides maintenance and troubleshooting tips for the broken item before you submit the claim. This helps homeowners save the cost of their service fee if they’re able to fix the problem themselves.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty reviews
House Method’s editor, Kelsey Roadruck, is a 2-10 Home Buyer Warranty customer. This is her 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty review from March 22, 2019.
I bought my first house in November 2019. I was so glad that the sellers transferred their home warranty coverage to me as part of the home sale. Being a first-time homeowner, a one-year home warranty eased my mind when the thought of expensive home repairs rained on my parade of buying a house I loved. The house is 19 years old with all original appliances and systems. Our home inspector was surprised to find that all of these components were still in working order despite being well past their expected expiration date.
I saw how helpful a home warranty could be when the sellers agreed to the majority of my repair requests while the house was still under contract. They were able to streamline a lot of the maintenance through their 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plan. In reviewing 2-10, I was pleasantly surprised when I logged into my own customer portal to find a really user-friendly interface. I was able to find the online claim center and a copy of my service agreement really easily. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty even provides home maintenance checklists online to help homeowners prevent broken appliances and systems. This gave me the feeling that 2-10 really does invest in customer satisfaction.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty ratings
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty an A rating. This is the best BBB rating we’ve seen across all of the home warranty companies we’ve reviewed. Note: 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is also BBB accredited. That being said, 2-10 HBW has received a 1-star average rating among 392 customer reviews on the BBB’s website. However, 2-10 HBW has answered or resolved all 1,013 customer complaints on the BBB’s website proving that it’s extremely responsive.
Consumers Advocate gives 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty a 5 out of 10. They justify this rating by explaining that the number of items covered by 2-10 HBW is lower than most home warranty plans and the negative customer reviews are difficult to overlook.
House Method gives 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty 4.5 out of 5 stars. We recognize that holding onto an A rating by the BBB is certainly a tough feat. We also love that 2-10 HBW does what most home warranties don’t. This includes no waiting period, its “Even If” Service Fee Guarantee, a truly comprehensive Supreme coverage plan, Appliance Replacement Offer program, and user-friendly online portal.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is a good choice for you if …
- you’re looking for a trustworthy home warranty company
- you live in a newly built home that might benefit from a structural warranty
- Better Business Bureau ratings are important to you
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty company information
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty offers home warranties to homeowners and structural warranties to builders. Its home warranties are optional service agreements that homeowners can purchase to protect their home's core components including major appliances and systems. These plans guard against expensive home repair bills.
- How does 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty work?
- When a covered item breaks, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customers can either call 800-775-4736 or sign into their online customer portal at www.secure.2-10.com/homeowner. You'll explain which item is broken and describe the problem. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty's customer service aims to approve claims within 48 hours. After your claim is approved, 2-10 HBW will assign a pre-approved service contractor to assess the problem in your home. Homeowners can either pursue the suggested repair or they can participate in 2-10 HBW's Appliance Replacement Offer in which the company will offer the customer $100 toward a new appliance of their choice.2-10 HBW will cover all subsequent repairs if its technician repairs a covered item but it breaks again during the length of your contract.
- Is a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty transferable?
- Yes, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is transferable from sellers to buyers at the time of the home sale. Sellers can simply notify 2-10 HBW of the transfer and the buyers will have a home protection plan for their first year of homeownership. The new homeowners will then have the option to renew their home warranty plan at the end of their contract term, which is often one year.